Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tasty Onion Chicken

So - a while back Syd and I were at Costco, and they were passing out their samples. Usually, I skip the samples, but this time, they were offering mashed potatoes, so I went for it. The mashed potatoes were great, and they topped them with French's fried onions. Anyway, they totally got me. I bought the mashed potatoes and the fried onions. So - now - I have an enormous bag of fried onions, which I've never really used before in recipes (it could take years to go through the bag if I only use them to top mashed potatoes). I was looking for something to do with them and came across this recipe. It was delicious! Definitely a new addition to our regular rotation.

1/2 cup butter melted
1 tbls. Worcestershire
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 large can french fried onions
1 1/2 pds. chicken tenders

Combine butter, Worcestershire, and ground mustard. Place french fried onions in a large zip loc and crush. Place in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions. Place in a pam sprayed casserole dish and drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake uncovered at 400 for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment