Thursday, May 12, 2011

Our Birthday Boy

Wow! At times during the last 12 months, I really thought I wouldn't make it to see Cole turn one! We had a rough year to say the least. However, Cole is really doing well these days. He's more smiley than ever and rarely pukes. He's still on two different types of medication for GERD, and he's allergic to milk, bananas, peanuts, soy, and amoxicillin, but I feel like we've been able to get a handle on things. He's dangerously close to walking. He can stand no problem, but doesn't like to take steps unless he's holding on to someone or something. He can climb like a champ, and I have to keep a close eye on him so he doesn't fall off the items (chairs, sofas, stairs) he climbs on. He plays very well by himself and really loves all the trucks and other "boy" toys he received for his birthday. His 12-month well baby check up is next week, and I think he'll still weigh in at around 20 pounds, but I've come to grips with the fact that he's not going to starve, and he's just going to be tall and slim - like someone else we know. Overall, Cole is just a sweet, sweet boy. We're so thankful to have him around! Happy birthday baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment