
In September, I left my old job and started a new job. So far, it's been a great learning experience. At my old job, I specialized in recruiting. At my new job, I do everything and anything HR - including, but not limited to, recruiting, benefits, employee relations, and labor law compliance. My first day was a lot of fun. Instead of doing your typical show-up-to-work-and-fill-out-paperwork deal, I went to the local municipal airport. Then, Scott, our COO flew me in his private plane to Virginia Tech to do a little college recruiting. It was the first time I'd ever been in a private plane - and I gotta say, it beats commercial flying any day of the week! Anyway, it's been three months at the new company, and I'm glad I made the switch. They've been great about my schedule (I still get to work part-time and put in most of my hours from home), and I've been able to expand my
skillset - what could be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment