Sunday, August 26, 2012

Allergy-Safe Candy

With Halloween approaching (kind of), I was thinking about how to handle the candy bag for Cole (I know it's super early, but I really don't want him to feel any more left out than normal).  Obviously, he can't enjoy candy like most kids with his laundry list of allergies.  Right now, his food allergies include milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, tomatoes, and bananas.   However, after doing a little research, I was pleasantly surprised to find a decent list of treats he can eat!  I figured I'd post it here so I can access it quickly and have a place to point friends and family when they ask.  Here goes:

Smarties

Swedish Fish

Sour Patch Kids

Mike & Ikes

Hot Tamales

Peeps

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans

Necco Wafers

Dum Dums

Skittles

Lifesaver Gummies

Starburst

Obviously, some of these candies are easier for him to eat than others (although that will change as he gets older).  But - it's a great list to start - for sure.  I think I'll just have a bag of some of these candies ready and waiting to swap with the candy he collects when we trick-or-treat on Halloween.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment