These are the best chocolate chip cookie bars I've ever had; they could do some serious damage to my rear and thighs. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to pray that Tom eats more than I do (if you must know, I may hide them from him). If you want one, come on over.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 eggs
1 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat in egg. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Invert pan on a cutting board, and cut into bars.
Original Source: www.dinnersforayear.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment