We had a very eventful day yesterday. At lunch, Cole ate a ton! He had peas and carrots (chopped), cheese quesadilla, green beans (pureed), and cheerios. Approximately 15 minutes after lunch, he looked like this (poor baby):

I'm not sure what caused the hives. He had previously tried all the food he ate for lunch. The only thing I can think of is that I steamed the peas and carrots in a bag with corn. Even though he didn't eat the corn, the peas and carrots were cooked with the corn? Maybe he's allergic to corn? Who knows?Anyway, after that fiasco, we headed to the doctor's office for Cole's 9-month check up. Here are his stats:
Weight: 20.2 lbs
Height: 29.5 inches
Head circumference: 18.5 inches
He's above the 80th percentile in height and head circumference. He's in the 44th percentile for weight. He's tall and skinny - like someone else I know. :)
The doctor was pleased with his growth and with his development - Cole is pulling himself up and cruising the furniture at 9 months - not bad. The doctor was especially intrigued with Cole's teeth. We had thought that his teeth were a little crooked, but it turns out that we were wrong. Instead of Cole's two middle incisors coming in - which is most common - he has one bottom middle and one left incisor. I posted this picture a week ago, but it's perfect to show his teeth:
Even more unusual is that the next tooth that appears to be coming in is Cole's upper left canine. If that is the case, Cole's going to look like a part-vampire baby in no time. We can call him Fang! I can't wait to get pictures of that - stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment