Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mommy's Beach Vacation

This past weekend, I was the luckiest mommy on earth: I got to enjoy a mommy's beach vacation! Jodi, Nina, Becca, and I headed to Bethany Beach for a spectacularly relaxing weekend. We ate, we drank, we sat on the beach, we read, we played Scrabble, and we got pedicures. We did not have to take anyone to the potty, cut anyone's food, forget to drink our coffee, eat our food cold, or have to wake up in the middle of the night to help someone go back to sleep. My only worry was whether the tide was going to reach my chair. I enjoyed every minute of it, and the time away made my heart grow even fonder of my two darling children and wonderfully supportive husband. I'm a lucky gal!

1 comment:

  1. Did the sunshine wash your blues away?
    Were you knee deep in the water somewhere?
    Was your mind on a permanent vacation?
    Was the ocean your only medication?
    Did you have the blue sky breeze blowing wind through your hair?

    ReplyDelete