Saturday, September 8, 2012
Derby Milestone
A couple weeks back, I made the trip to Wildwood, NJ, to participate in the Colossal Coastal Roller Expo (CCRE). CCRE is a weekend of roller derby workshops, games, fun, sun, and various social events. The expo culminates in a tournament held at the Wildwood Convention Center. Initially, I decided not to go to CCRE because I didn't want to be away from Tom and the kids for another entire weekend. However, a bunch of my teammates decided to go to New Jersey for the day just to participate in the tournament, and I decided to join them. We left at 9:30 am on Saturday and returned at 3:30 am on Sunday morning. It was a long day, but well worth it. This event counted as my first tournament playing with and against derby players outside my own league. I ended up playing jammer for the entire bout, which was a lot of fun. The experience definitely improved my confidence and pushed me to face some uneasiness I've had about skating with folks I don't know. I'm already really looking forward to my next opportunity to skate in a similar event!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment