Last Saturday morning, I learned there were coupons available for the circus at a real estate office about 10 minutes from the house. So - I quick got everyone dressed and started loading the car. I put Cole in his car seat, and he immediately started crying, which just puts me on edge. Then, I got Syd, helped her put her shoes on, and led her to the garage. I put her in her seat, (we're almost ready to go!!!) but when I tried to buckle her straps, she refused to actually sit down... she'd pooped in her pants. UGH! Everyone out of the car, take off the shoes, take off the clothes, change the diaper and start all over.
That's it. I decided I'd had enough of changing diapers and that Monday would be the start of operation stinky pants (formal, boot-camp style potty training). So, naturally, we spent Sunday choosing all new panties. We went on a special trip to Target and selected only the finest styles and patterns: Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Zoe, Tinkerbell, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Dora the Explorer.
Monday morning, we woke up and immediately put on a pair of training pants (thicker panties) and Syd put a pair of her new regular panties over top of the training pants. We've not worn a diaper since!
It's been an entire week since Operation Stinky Pants began. So far, so good. We've had a handful of accidents, but overall, she's doing very well. Yesterday and today, we've had no accidents at all! We've even left the house a couple times with success. I'm not quite ready to announce, "Mission Accomplished", but we're definitely on our way.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment