Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Your 1st Day

On Syd's first day of school, I received a small gift bag with some tissues and some Hershey's kisses inside. On the outside was the following poem:


Your 1st Day


I wonder what you're doing right now, and if everyone is treating you kind. I hope there is a special person, a nice friend that you can find.


I wonder if the teacher knows just how special you are to me. And if the brightness of your heart is something she can see.


It's hard for me to watch you grow and have to let you go. Because it seems like yesterday you still had blankie in tow.


Your first big day of preschool is such a special time, but I'll be back to pick you up and once again you'll be mine.



I mean geeze! If I wasn't crying because I was dropping her off for the first time, after reading the poem, I was definitely in tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment