Cole and I went back to visit Doctor House yesterday. Cole continues to puke after almost every meal, and he just seems uncomfortable. So, I figured we needed to go back to Doctor House for a checkup. It's a good thing we went because we found out that Cole has only gained 8 ounces in the last 4 weeks. He should have gained around 2 pounds in that time. Anyway, between the poor weight gain and the puking, Doctor House decided to move forward with an esophagogastroduodenoscopy to figure out what's going on. For those who are interested, here is a link that describes the surgery:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
Say a little prayer that everything goes smoothly and we get some answers!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that Cole is still having troubles. Hopefully this will provide some answers for you guys though.
ReplyDeleteHas the doctor explored the possibility that his esophageal sphincter isn't closing properly? While I'm much older, I had very similar symptoms a few years back and it turned out that this was the problem.
ReplyDelete