Friday, March 25, 2011

Lemon Garlic Tilapia

A couple weeks ago, a friend suggested I should use the microwave to cook fish. I had never heard of such a thing. I mean, I realize it could be a possibility, but I never seriously considered using the microwave to cook fish - or really any other dinner entree for that matter. Anyway, on her suggestion, I purchased a package of tilapia fillets from Wegmans last week. The fillets are frozen and individually wrapped (about 4 ounces a piece). For lunch, I took one of the fillets and put it in a bowl of water to defrost. It was defrosted and ready to be cooked in about 10 minutes. At that point, I put it in the microwave on a plate and pushed sensor cook for fish. It was ready in about a minute. That was about the easiest thing ever! The fish was well cooked, delicious, and the kids loved it!

Tonight, I continued my fish party by making lemon garlic tilapia. This was so good, it is possibly the best fish I've ever had. We'll definitely be making this again - soon.

4 T butter
Juice of 1 lemon
2 t garlic
parsley
2 tilapia fillets

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Salt and pepper the fillets and place them in a baking dish. In a saute pan, saute the remaining ingredients. Pour the saute mixture over the fish and bake for approximately 14 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment