Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time for Some Professional Assistance

So - this week, I was all excited to give Cole some new foods. Friends and family made some suggestions on new foods to try, and I had some ideas of my own. We tried blueberry and cinnamon raisin bagels, olives, soy yogurt, and tofu. The bagels and olives were a huge success. Unfortunately, the soy yogurt and tofu were an epic fail. In fact, after months of not puking at all, Cole puked both times I gave him soy. So - I have reason to believe he has at least an intolerance to soy - if not an allergy. For those playing along at home, his official list of allergies includes peanuts, bananas, and milk. In addition, the allergist wants us to avoid tree nuts and sesame. Add soy to the list and how we're supposed to avoid any other foods that have been processed in a facility that processes peanuts, bananas, milk, tree nuts, sesame, or soy, and you can probably guess my problem. I feel bad because he has no variety in his diet. He gets mostly beans, vegetables, rice, bread or bagels, and chicken. So - I sent a couple e-mails last night asking for recommendations for a nutritionist. I figure a professional could help us come up with a menu that meets his nutritional needs and gives him some variety. I should hear back from his GP on Monday with his suggestions, and then I'll start making some calls. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment