Last week, I took Sydney to two different Easter egg hunts. The first was at a nearby park, and we actually arrived early enough to watch the younger children take their turn. This was good and bad. Good because Sydney could see what an Easter egg hunt was all about and "plan" her strategy. Bad because she had to sit in agony while watching them find and then open their eggs. To make it even worse, there was a 30-minute wait in between groups.
Don't you people know I have the patience of a 3-year-old?
And - she's off!
It was soon after I took this picture that I realized Sydney only wanted to find pink eggs. This strategy was not an easy one to implement, and I had to convince her that all the eggs had prizes - not just the pink ones. Needless to say, my little pep talk took a chunk out of her egg hunting time, and she ended up with three eggs total (the hunt coordinators had said that each child should be able to go home with about eight each). Anyway, I chalked it up to our first real egg hunting experience, when one of the nice hunt coordinators came over and offered Syd a couple more eggs to take home.
Ah - an elusive pink egg!
Inside each egg, she found a chocolate candy egg and a plastic animal or insect toy - specifically, an animal or insect that hatches from an egg that is not a chicken (e.g., she received a praying mantis, spider, and frog). It was an educational egg hunt.
She went home a happy girl!
After the mediocre success of the first egg hunt, we decided to give it another go. This time, we went to another park the Friday before Easter and we met a friend from playgroup, Kailey. We were worried about the chance of rain, but we went for it anyway. It did rain, but for only five minutes. It was, however, brutally cold - think a wind chill of approximately 38 degrees. Lucky for us, that significantly decreased the number of egg hunters. Syd and Kailey were one of about 10 total egg hunters for approximately 300 eggs! The kids made out like bandits! Needless to say, she now considers herself an "Easter Hunting" pro.
Kailey and Syd - egg hunting partners.
Seriously? This is April?
What?! The Easter Bunny is here?!?
Whatever... I need to finish my coloring project. I'll catch up with him later.
No comments:
Post a Comment