Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miss Independent

These days, Sydney wants to do everything herself. She wants to go potty, get in her carseat, dress her dollies, cut her food, and do her hair (the more barrettes the better) all by herself. She reminds me several times a day that she is a big girl and that she is growing up. On that note, this week, I gave her two new responsibilities. Each morning, when she wakes up, she's responsible for getting dressed and making her bed. I set out her clothes and take down the bed rail, but then I leave the room, and she comes downstairs when she's "ready." Both days she's dressed herself, she's done an excellent job. With the exception of putting her shirt on backwards, everything else was on and placed correctly, including socks and underwear!

She does a good job on the bed too. Here's a picture of this morning's effort:


Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment