Today, I made mini pineapple upside down cakes for Papa's birthday. I've posted the regular recipe for pineapple upside down cake here before. I made the following adjustments:
Replace
1/4 c butter for 1/2 c butter
1 can pineapple rings with 1 can pineapple chunks
9 x 13 pan with 12-cup muffin tin
Instead of simply melting the butter and then sprinkling the brown sugar in the pan, I melted and sprinkled in a small pot on the stove. Once everything was mixed well, I put about a tablespoon of the mixture into each liberally greased muffin cup. Then, I added two chunks of pineapple and two cherries to each muffin cup and covered with cake batter.
When the cakes were cooked, I immediately turned them upside down on a cookie sheet. Everything worked out well and tasted delicious.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment