Monday, March 15, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Crunch Truffles

So - one of the things I can't really do while on modified bed rest is cook. Boo! But, I can drool over fun recipes I want to make in the future. Here's a really fun one from Picky Palate! I have a feeling this will be a huge hit for Syd and Tom.

1/2 cup creamy or crunchy Peanut Butter

1/2 cup strawberry preserves, or your favorite jam or jelly

1 package Nature Valley Oats and Honey Crunchy Granola bars (1 package, 2 bars)

3/4 cup powdered sugar plus 1/4 cup for rolling truffles

1. Place peanut butter and jelly into a mixing bowl. Crush granola bars with a rolling pin while still in the package. Open and pour into peanut butter and jelly bowl. Mix until well combined and then slowly stir in 3/4 cup powdered sugar until combined. Take 1 inch pieces of mixture and roll into balls. Roll each ball into remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar and then place into paper cups. Refrigerate or serve room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment