Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a Week!

Wow - what a week. On Thursday morning, I just wasn't feeling quite right. I couldn't really put my finger on what was wrong, but figured I'd mention it during my regular OB appointment on Friday. I did just that, but because I wasn't really able to verbalize the problem, the doctor suggested it was round ligament pain and told me to take it easy. Anyway, Saturday was Syd's big day, and nothing much really bothered me. However, Sunday rolled around, and it was a different story. All the sudden, I was in a lot of pain. Tom took me to the hospital, but again, doctors weren't really able to diagnose the problem. After sitting in the triage room for several hours, my pain seemed to decrease, and I was sent home. But things didn't get better. Instead, the pain returned, and I ended up back at the hospital Monday morning. Several hours later, I was diagnosed with a kidney stone that needed to be surgically removed. Needless to say, things were a little touch and go for a while. I basically went into labor, and the doctors had to stop the contractions. Anyway, I spent the night in the hospital and was released on Tuesday evening.

Since then, I've been on what I like to call "family-insisted" bed rest. Jodi, Nina, both sets of parents, and Lorraine have made it their mission in life to keep me in a horizontal position. They've spoiled me with babysitting help, prepared meals, grocery shopping service, and various other household services. Tom's become quite good at laundry and changing waaay more diapers than normal. I am so lucky and blessed to have such a loving and supportive family! Thank you so much!

It is now my mission to keep from delivering this baby anytime in the next four weeks (at least). I am going to try to take it easy and enjoy the help of family and friends. Keep your fingers crossed that the next 30 days or so go quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment