Monday, June 7, 2010

She Told Me So...

Right before Cole was born, I went to the doctor for one of my last checkups. While I was there, Dr. Park said, "Julia, now - you know that since you've had a kidney stone while you're pregnant, you're more likely to have them from now on." At the time, I said, "Really"? But - I was thinking - yeah, right. I've never had kidney stones before, this is a total fluke.

Well, she told me so. This week, I had another emergency surgery to remove another kidney stone. Plus - BONUS - when they were reviewing the CT scan, they found another stone waiting in my kidney. Then, when I went for my post-surgery follow-up appointment, the doctor found yet another stone. So - the final count so far is four kidney stones, two surgeries, two removed, two remaining. The only good news - if you can even call it that - is that because we've discovered these two stones early, I can schedule surgery at my convenience (in the next month). Wow - how wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment