Back in 2003, I landed an interview with a little company called Argon Engineering. Even at the time, I remember thinking that it was an incredible opportunity, and I worked around the clock for several days preparing for the interview. I even remember listening to music on the drive to the office to psych myself up for the interview.
Seven years later, I am proud to call myself an employee of Argon ST. I've seen so many changes along the way. When I first joined, the company was called Argon Engineering and had just 300 employees. Since then, they've acquired a handful of companies, changed their name to Argon ST, and have more than 1000 employees. When I first joined, I worked in the training group. I learned all about the systems we sell. Then, I moved into HR, and for the last five years, I've been recruiting employees to work at this awesome company.
Argon gave me tremendous opportunities; I learned a ton about our industry, the corporate world, and even myself. I've met and cultivated friendships with amazing people and was given the opportunity to continue working from home even after Tom and I started our family. I mean, really, what company says, "Sure - go ahead and work from home 7 hours a week! We'll see ya when we see ya!" I couldn't be more thankful and appreciative for the mutually beneficial relationship I have with this company.
Today, Argon ST was acquired by Boeing. The company as I know it will be changing and because I just had a baby, am full of hormones, and more than a little bit weepy, I figured it was worth a blog post. I think this is good news for Argon ST, and I am excited to see what happens next.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment