Monday, February 14, 2011

Impromptu Dance Party

I love judging meets at Park View High School. The family that runs the meets always has things very well organized, and I usually have a good time. My favorite part - though - is the DJ. Unlike other schools, Park View usually hires a DJ to play music between rotations and at the end of the meet while scores are being finalized. That's when the dance party starts. The DJ usually plays the song for whatever group dance is popular at the time. Over the years, I've seen the gymnasts dance to everything from the chicken dance to the macarena to the cha cha slide. This year, it was cupid shuffle. I didn't actually judge the meet this year, but I was there to present an award. Anyway, I brought the kids with me, and Sydney ended up participating in the dance party!

No comments:

Post a Comment