
I was very blessed to be able to nurse both my babies. Nursing is such a personal decision, and I believe you've got to do what works best for you and your family. If our circumstances were different, I may not have been able to nurse them, and that would've had to work for us. Anyway, recently Cole was preliminarily diagnosed with a milk allergy. As a result, I decided to stop nursing and put him on formula for the next two months (until he switches over to rice milk). I have experienced some of the feelings I had anticipated feeling: sad because my baby is not so much a baby anymore, happy because I'll get to eat what I want when I want, and maybe a little guilty for not being able to finish what I'd set out to do (nurse for the first year). One thing I did not anticipate was being able to share the wonderful feeling of feeding Cole with Sydney. Yesterday, when I gave Cole a bottle for the first time at lunch, she immediately asked to help. I said yes, but it didn't work out well (he was too hungry, and she was too impatient). Today, I did a little more planning, and voila - what a sweet, sweet moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment