Sydney went trick-or-treating for the first time last night! She did very well. We went to a grand total of three houses. It didn't take Sydney long to get the hang of it. By the time we got to the last house, she was holding out her Elmo trick-or-treat bag (thanks to Jodi) and hoping for the best. After trick-or-treating, we came back to the house and handed out candy. We had an almost record-breaking 10 trick-or-treaters!
Last night was a big night for a variety of reasons. After Sydney finished trick-or-treating and eating her dinner, she went to bed in her "big girl" bed for the very first time. Tom took off the front of the crib and replaced it with a short rail (to keep her from rolling out). Anyway, we put her to bed around 7:45 pm, and she stayed in until 10:45 pm, at which point, she took a header out of the crib on to the floor. I think she fell because she's so used to standing up in her crib, leaning on the front rail, and crying for mom. Anyway, it only took one header to learn. After that, she woke up a couple more times and just cried. I went in, gave her hugs and kisses, and back to bed she went. As far as I'm concerned, it could've been worse.
I told Tom this morning that this afternoon's nap would be the real test. Well, it was a test for sure. After running around in her room for an hour and 15 minutes, she finally fell asleep on the floor next to her bed. I guess she'll eventually learn that the bed is much more comfortable than the carpet!
I told Tom this morning that this afternoon's nap would be the real test. Well, it was a test for sure. After running around in her room for an hour and 15 minutes, she finally fell asleep on the floor next to her bed. I guess she'll eventually learn that the bed is much more comfortable than the carpet!
No comments:
Post a Comment