Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Double Digits!

Well, officially, Sarah doesn't turn 10 until this Monday. However, we celebrated her big 1-0 this past weekend - complete with a candyland cake! I figured I'd take this opportunity to review some of my favorite Sarah moments from the past 10 years:

- When Sarah was first born, Tom refused to hold her. He deemed her still in "larva stage." After much encouragement, he agreed to touch her foot.

- When Sarah was little, I remember eating dinner at Jodi's house. Sarah was in the pack and play, and everyone else was seated at the table eating. Sarah started to cry, and everyone looked at Jodi. Jodi immediately declared that she was going to let her whimper a little because she didn't want her to get used to us picking her up every time she cried. After a couple minutes of Sarah crying, Sammi the dog started crying too... as if to say, "Hello people - are you deaf? The kid is crying - come and get her!"

- Once when I was in the car with Sarah, we passed a firetruck with lights and sirens blaring. Sarah said, "Oh... someone must have left their closet light on." It turns out Jodi had been telling Sarah that if she left her closet light on, she'd burn down the house.

- When Sarah was 4 or 5 years old (I think), she told Jodi that she should go to Quilts to get gas for her car. She meant Sheets!

- One of the first Christmases that Sarah could tell us what she wanted, she said she wanted a Baby Alive. That Christmas, she screamed, "I want a Baby Alive!" at the Santa on television during the Macy's day parade and at the mall Santa as Jodi was hurriedly pulling her away!

- Sarah once told me that if she had a farm, she'd have all kinds of farm animals, including rubber chickens.

- My favorite Flip video I've taken was on Christmas eve two years ago. Sarah was so excited that Santa had visited the house and left presents! She just couldn't believe it!

- Sarah is extremely helpful when it comes to Cole. She loves her cousin and helps her aunt take care of him every chance she gets!

Sarah is growing into quite the little lady. We're so blessed to be such a big part of her life! Happy Birthday, Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment