Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gobble, Gobble!

Thanksgiving was a load of fun this year. We had planned to start the day with a Turkey Trot; however, when I fed the baby at 3:00 am and heard the sleet hitting the roof, I pretty much knew the Turkey Trot was going to be a no go. I'd really like to start a new family tradition of doing a Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning, but I need to find one with same-day registration. That way, we don't pay and have to skip out if there's inclement weather.

We had our traditional Thanksgiving morning. We ate breakfast, watched the Macy's day parade, and combed through the Black Friday ads. This year, we were lucky enough to have Sarah Fram join us for the morning's festivities!

As usual, the turkey ran behind schedule. This year, I decided to make a breast instead of a whole turkey. It worked out really well, and we'll probably continue with that strategy next year. We ended up eating around 2:00 pm. Syd was a good sport and did pretty well waiting to eat and then taking a late nap. After dinner, we vegged out in front of the TV and watched football. For dessert, we had double layer pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie. Yummy!

After the kids got up from their naps, we headed over to my parents' house for a second round of dessert. They hosted an entire houseful of folks! It was good seeing everyone, and my lemon cupcake was awesome.

We were back at our house to put the kids to bed around 7:00 pm. After a full day of eating, we were beat. We hit the hay around 9:00 pm! Another spectacular Thanksgiving in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment