Monday, November 15, 2010

Funny Stories

A couple quick stories about the kids that I want to remember to tell them when they get older:


- I took the kids to visit mom's school last week. They have a school dog - very sweet - who hangs out in the guidance department. The dog was sitting so nice in the hall, and someone asked Syd if she'd like to pet him. She took one look and said, "No, thank you."

- The other day at breakfast, Syd said, "Um... I have a little problem here." She'd spilled yogurt down her front. Just the way she said it was hilarious.


- When Syd first started talking, she'd surprise us all the time with random words and sayings. One time, Tom said, "I can't take it!" And Syd said, "Not another day." ("I can't take it! Not another day." is a tagline the Washington Post uses in their ads for the Mega Jobs section. Tom and I had never realized how he usually says "I can't take it!" and I always answer "Not another day.") It's amazing what they pick up!

- Cole recently got his hands on a crayon that had made its way under the couch. Although I was able to take it away almost immediately, he did shove it in his mouth pretty quickly. Before I knew it, he'd rubbed his blue hands all over his face. Thank goodness for non-toxic crayons! He was a pretty cute smurf.

- Syd recently told her dad, "I love you, dude."

- Syd was playing in the living room and blurted out, "We cut prices, not corners!" Wow - and I thought we were pretty good about letting her watch TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment