Yesterday, Sydney woke up from her nap, and I put her on the potty as usual. I noticed we were out of toilet paper, so I told her, "Mommy will be right back! I'm going to go get you some toilet paper." I stepped into the hallway to grab an extra roll and heard a big bang. I went back into the bathroom, and Syd was face down crying in between the wall and the toilet with her bare hiney up in the air. I picked her up and suddenly realized she was bleeding. I was so surprised she was bleeding, I think I actually yelped. Then, I saw the actual wound. Oh my gosh - it looked like a crater in her forehead!Dad, Syd, and I went to the ER. Mom met us there. The nurses at the ER took one look at the wound and said, "Yeah - that's definitely going to need stitches." We requested that a plastic surgeon do the stitches because the wound was on her face. The only problem was that the plastic surgeon was in surgery at Fairfax hospital. Three hours later, he was with us at the ER sewing Syd up. She ended up with three stitches on the outside and two stitches on the inside.
What a day. Thanks to everyone who helped - it takes a village! We are so incredibly blessed to live close to family that is so supportive of us. We love you!
Today, Syd is resting and watching TV. She's not all the way back to normal, but we're getting there.
No comments:
Post a Comment