For several years, our family has been involved with Neighbors International. Neighbors is a foundation that provides funds and volunteer services to local charitable, educational, religious, public safety, and similar organizations that serve our neighborhoods and communities. Specifically, we have been involved with the care package donation efforts for our troops. We collect items to fill care packages. For example, we've collected Halloween candy, Girl Scout cookies, and helped organize and facilitate donation drives at work. We've always really enjoyed preparing care packages for the troops. A simple thank you for what our troops do seems a little inadequate; preparing care packages helps us actively give back.
I researched other ways we could give back to our troops this holiday season and found several opportunities:
Holiday Mail for Heroes: You can send holiday cards to servicemen and women.
Help Them Call Home: You can buy prepaid phone cards for servicemen and women.
Let's Say Thanks: You can send a free printed holiday card to servicemen and women.
Operation Hero Miles: You can donate your frequent flier miles to servicemen and women.
I thought I'd share my findings. I'm looking forward to writing a couple thank you/holiday notes with Sydney. We'll also probably buy a prepaid phone card. It's the least we can do for those who are spending their holidays far from home protecting our freedom.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment